|Good morning ladies,Hope you are enjoying your week end.
I'm back from Ireland, rejuvenated and ready to workout with you. We have a few schedule changes and events coming up in the next month. Our Tuesday morning Boot Camp Classes will be replaced by TRX class for the next few months, so if you are interested in TRX this is a great opportunity for you to get acquainted with it. The Saturday Boot Camp class will remain the same.
You can take our New Member Basic Stretching Class on Wednesday Nov 1st at 5:30PM or Thursday 11/2 at 8:15AM
Our next workshop will be on "Hip Conditioning" on Friday November 17th at 11:30AM. See attached flyer. If you are having some hip issues this should prove very helpful to you.
We rescheduled the Melt method. Attached is the flyer. Here is a brief description of what this is.
What Is MELT and How Can It Help Me? by Lois Niven
So you’re starting to hear about the MELT Method but aren’t sure what it’s all about. There’s an upcoming Intro Hand & Foot Workshop – should you go? Let me help you make that decision, because learning to MELT might be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make!
I have been MELTing regularly – almost every day – for about a year now. Before I learned this easy self-care routine, I often experienced bouts of pain and stiffness in my upper back and neck. As well, bending over to pick something up would almost guarantee I’d put my lower back out. Arthritis had started in my hands and I found myself frequently getting my husband to open jars for me! In the past year, the routine aches and pains I’d come to accept and live with have either disappeared or are much less severe and don’t stay as long. I’m so excited that I get to share MELT with other people and watch as they take charge and get out of pain themselves – without medication!
MELT Method is a simple series of techniques that you can do yourself at home to rehydrate your connective tissue (scientifically known as fascia) in just 10 minutes a day, 3 to 5 days a week. The techniques are done in a specific order to gently bring fluid to some very stiff and overworked connective tissue in your hands and feet, and to then encourage a flow of fluid throughout your whole body. The treatments may be called “Hand and Foot”, but the benefits you experience will go well beyond your hands and feet which are simply convenient portals into the fascial system that runs throughout our bodies. That fluid-based system is where much of life’s stress resides within us, be it from surgery, injury, repetitive motion or repetitive postures such as sitting at a desk or standing all day. MELT tools are soft and feel good when you’re using them. The changes can be instantly noticeable and can really last when MELT becomes a part of your daily routine. So give yourself the gift of pain-free living and come to my next Intro Workshop!
Do you feel that you are on tract with your fitness goals? Remember we are here to help so feel free to ask for help if you need it.
Have a great week.
Be fit and healthy.
5 Things to do NOW to slim down before the holidays
We are officially on the verge of holiday season…and with it a myriad of food temptations and weight gain traps. Don’t fret, if you act now there’s still time to tighten up before putting on your holiday finest.
Do these 5 things NOW to quickly shape up…
1. Eat more Veggies: Your mom was right, eating vegetables really is a good idea, especially when aiming to drop pounds. Why? There are a couple of reasons. First, veggies are low in calories and high in fiber, which means that you’re filling up without packing on pounds. Second, the vitamins and minerals in fresh vegetables nourish your body and cut down on cravings.
2.Add five Minutes: Each week, between now New Years, I want you to add 5 minutes to your workouts. Just five more minutes. The slight increase from week to week will hardly be noticeable, but the extra fat burn will pay off nicely. Use these extra five minutes to do intense burst of exercise, such as burpees, squat to presses and walking lunges.
3. Double up on Water: Not only will staying extra hydrated help your skin to have a healthy glow, it will also speed up your fat loss efforts. Most of us are walking around in a state of chronic dehydration, which contributes to fatigue, stubborn weight gain and constipation. By drinking more water throughout the day, and by limiting your intake of caffeinated beverages, you’ll become healthier and more radiant.
4. Eat low Carb (after 4pm): One of the easiest ways to drop a few inches around your waist before the holidays is to eat low carb after 4pm each day. This means eating dinners that are centred around salads and vegetables rather than breads and pastas. If you simply must have your oatmeal or whole grain bread each day, then eat it for breakfast or lunch and give low carb dinners a try – starting with the recipe for Greek Stew below. Don’t forget that sugar counts as carbs, so skip that sugary dessert and try a grapefruit for dessert.
5. Train with Me: If you’re not yet one of my beloved clients, then now is the time. I’d love to get you into phenomenal shape before New Years, and to give you the foundation that will keep you lean and healthy for life.
Call or email today and we will get you started this week on an exercise program that will get you back in control of your body.
Lose Fat While You Sleep
One of the easiest ways to speed up your metabolism, and increase your fat burning, is to get at least eight hours of sleep each night. I know that it’s not always easy to get a full night’s sleep, but the benefits are quite worth it. While you sleep your body works to restore itself, a very important process that assists with your fat loss efforts.
Now go to bed already!
Butter beans and Kalamata olives make this hearty stew a memorable one. It’s important to season the pork well before browning it, so get crazy with the seasoning. Remember that it’s going into a big pot of soup so the flavor won’t be overwhelming once it’s swimming in broth with the other ingredients.
You could certainly play around with the protein used in this stew – next time I plan on using good ’ol chicken breast. And it’s also possible to omit the meat if you’d prefer.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed, cubed and seasoned with sea salt, black pepper and dried oregano
¼ cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the pork and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with wine, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until the wine is nearly evaporated. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, tomato, and olives. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and beans until the spinach is wilted and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 123 calories, 4g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 1134mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 12g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.
1530 Main Street, Suite 9
760 870 4580
Owner, Personal Trainer, HHC
Call for Appointment
(760) 870 4580
All members have 24/7 Access
Our Referral Program
Regular Class Schedule
NEW TRX Class!!!!
Tue, Thurs.Silver Diva'sTuesdays & Thursdays
Body WorX & TRX
Mon, Wed, Fri
7:30AM - 8:30AM
Boot Camp Xpress
Tue & Thurs
Silver Stretch, FleX
Mon & Wed. 9:00AM-9:45AM
Silver Fit & Fun
Health & Fitness Tip
Twice a week, instead of going at a steady pace for 30 minutes on the treadmill, go easy for 3 minutes and hard for 1 minute. Repeat this pattern 5-6 times and you have a new workout and a calorie burning machine!