|Good morning my friends,Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year. Well, One week into 2018 already. I have a feeling that this will be a great year for all of us. Are you ready to get your health optimal this year? Join us for a smoothie demo to get a great start. Hope you enjoy our newsletter and recipe this week.
Do you feel that you are on tract with your fitness goals? Remember we are here to help so feel free to ask for help if you need it.
Have a great week.
Be fit and healthy.
Jerry Seinfeld’s magical fitness tip
Do you ever struggle with sticking to your exercise and diet routine?
One skipped workout leads to another, and another, and another. Then, before you know it, your fitness progress grinds to a halt.
This frustrating cycle is all too common.
Many of my clients have asked for a magical tip to stick with their exercise plan, and I found the solution in an unlikely place: from the mind of Jerry Seinfeld.
The story goes like this…
A few decades ago, when he was a touring comedian and the Seinfeld show was new to TV, a young man approached him behind stage at a comedy club to ask for advice. How can I become a better comic?
He told the young comic that to become better he should write better jokes. And to write better jokes, he must write every single day.
Seinfeld went on to describe his Chain Method for staying consistent. He hangs a big calendar of a whole year on the wall. On every day that he writes, he marks that box with an X. After a few days you have a chain that continues to grow longer. Now your job is to simply never break the chain.
Don’t break the chain!
While Seinfeld used this brilliant technique for writing jokes, we can use it for fitness. Every day that finds you in the gym gets a big, satisfying, red X. How gratifying to see your fitness chain grow on your wall calendar!
If your goal is to drop body fat and build muscle then consistency is key. Stick to your program every single day.
Build the chain; see the results.
If you aren’t yet one of my prized clients then let’s do something about that. Feel free to reach out to me via email or phone to get started on an effective exercise program.
Healthy Eating Chain
If you’re struggling with your diet then get a healthy eating chain going. Use a different colored pen than your exercise chain. Make a big X on every calendar day that you successfully stick with your healthy eating plan. You’ve got this!
Start with the recipe below…
BBQ Chicken En Papillote
This quick and easy recipe combines chicken, sweet potato, butter beans, green beans and tangy BBQ sauce. It’s simple, the meat turns out tender, and there’s virtually no clean up!
Be sure to slice the sweet potato very thin, as you want it to be tender at the end of the 30-minute baking time. This is also why we are using thin sliced chicken breast, in order to make sure that the meat is cook through.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- ½ cup natural BBQ sauce (avoid ones with added sugars)
- 4 chicken breast, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl toss the shallots, sweet potatoes, green beans and butter beans with half of the BBQ sauce. Rub the remaining sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half. Open the parchment paper and arrange ¼ of the sweet potato and green beans and a chicken breast in the center of the top half of each parchment. Generously season with salt and pepper. Top with a sprinkle of chives.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the chicken and veggies. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around to the other end, creating a sealed envelope. Fold the end under the packet. The packet should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process! Place the packets on a pan.
- Bake the chicken and veggie packets for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve the packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 268 calories, 4g fat, 22g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 625mg sodium, 5g fiber, and 35g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.
1530 Main Street, Suite 9
760 870 4580
Owner, Personal Trainer, HHC
Call for Appointment
(760) 870 4580
All members have 24/7 Access
Our Referral Program
Regular Class Schedule
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Body WorX & TRX
Mon, Wed, Fri
7:30AM - 8:30AM
Boot Camp Xpress
Tue & Thurs
Silver Stretch, FleX
Mon & Wed. 9:00AM-9:45AM
Silver Fit & Fun
Health & Fitness Tip
Keep your resolutions doable and work on them in smaller chunks. You will be more successful..